The Florida State Fair bans the use of all remotely controlled devices such as drones, aircraft, cars, etc.
- No remotely controlled aircraft or ground vehicle devices are authorized to operate on, above or below the Florida State Fairgrounds at any time without the express written consent of the Florida State Fair and also the proper law enforcement authority.
- This procedure includes, but is not limited, to unmanned aircraft systems, radio controlled model aircraft, other devices that can be operated in airspace and remote controlled cars/ground vehicles (collectively, “Drones”).
- Possession or operation of such remotely controlled aircraft or ground vehicle devices without prior written consent will result in the confiscation of all related materials, removal from the Fairgrounds, and/or a response from law enforcement authority.
- The Florida State Fair will notify the Federal Aviation Administration and/or the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF), and/ or any other law enforcement authority deemed necessary of any incidents involving airborne aircraft or any other unauthorized remote controlled ground based vehicles.
- Events requiring the use of any such prohibited items listed above must receive a prior written notification of approval from the Florida State Fair and the proper law enforcement authority. Any and all entities requesting to utilize a remotely controlled device must sign the appropriate documentation prior to bringing any such equipment on to, above or below the Fairgrounds and must comply with the requirements of 14 CFR Part 107, including registration.
- Airborne aircraft or any other unauthorized remote controlled ground based vehicles must be less than 55 pounds, must be operated by a pilot who has passed a written test and is at least 16 years old; can only be flown below 400 feet, during the day, and at least 5 miles away from airports.
- Individuals given approval to operate Drones by the Florida State Fair must provide a picture of the Drone; current physical address/phone number; and a copy of a valid driver’s license.
- This policy shall not apply to licensees of the Fair that are authorized to sell and/or demonstrate Drones within the confines of a building, pursuant to a license agreement with the Florida State Fair Authority.