The Florida State Fair Authority is an equal opportunity employer. The Florida State Fair Authority operates the Florida State Fairgrounds and the Florida State Fair in association with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Adam H. Putnam, Commissioner.
POSITION: GRAPHIC DESIGNER AND PRINTER
Education: An Associates/Bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred or currently enrolled in a graphic design or marketing program at a college/university with a portfolio of design work examples demonstrating abilities.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in computer graphic arts.
Skills: Possess a high-degree of creativity and ability to “think outside the box”. Able to brainstorm / layout ideas and bring knowledge of design layout to the team. Proficient in Apple/PC Platform, Adobe suite of products including Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design or PageMaker, and Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge of Pre-Press and Color Management preferred. Strong skill set in Word, Excel, PowerPoint Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, desktop publishing or copy writing. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize workload. Excellent proofreading, editing, verbal and written communication skills.
• Work under pressure with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
• Use computer graphic programs to produce graphic illustrations and copy layouts for designing advertisements, brochures, postcards, flyers, posters and other promotional materials.
• Prepare graphical layout files for printing process and go on press checks when necessary.
• Maintain organized and accurate files on a shared network.
• Ability to work long hours as needed.
• Provide additional support to other departments as assigned by the Marketing Manager or Director of Sales and Marketing.
• Ability to assist in viral and social marketing campaigns.
• Ability to work in the Print Shop, and follow a designated workflow.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
POSITION: TEMPORARY ELECTRICAL CONSTRUCTION
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), completion of applicable technical or vocational training, including an accredited electrical apprenticeship program is preferred but not required.
Experience: At least 3 years of field experience in commercial electrical construction projects.
Skills: Knowledge of electrical codes and work practices. Must have the ability to work from prints.
Abilities: Work from ladders, scaffolds, scissor lifts, and straight boom and articulating man lifts to install electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Operate warehouse forklift, all-terrain straight mast forklift, all-terrain high reach forklift, as well as above listed equipment. Perform physically demanding tasks, such as moving and lifting heavy objects.
Schedule: Must be able to work a schedule that may be fluctuating due to events scheduled in work areas. This may require an extended or odd shift time and/or weekends. At present the duration of this position will be approximately 30 to 60 days, there may be some days off due to construction schedule of other trades.
Policies: All FSFA positions require a pre-employment back ground check and drug screen.
POSITION: MARKETING/PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER
Education: Must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferably with a concentration in business administration, marketing, multi-media development, communications or equivalent experience
Experience: Must have at least 5 years’ experience in the marketing field specifically exposure to advertising, promotions public relations, and multi-media development. Industry knowledge within entertainment, fair industry preferred.
Skills: Excellent written and verbal skills, strong communication skills and the ability to work well with other employees, senior management, clients, and the general public. Strong organization skills, detail-oriented and manage deadlines efficiently. Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities while remaining calm under pressure. Must be highly motivated self-starter. Must possess professional integrity and confidentiality. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and knowledge of Internet/website administration and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Support the Marketing Director with the marketing campaign for the annual state fair including planning and execution of all advertising, promotional efforts, and public relations.
• Supervise seasonal or part-time marketing staff.
• Assists Marketing Director with planning, negotiating and purchasing advertising for the Florida State Fair media campaign as deemed appropriate.
• Develop, negotiate and execute media trades and promotional agreements for the Florida State Fair to maximize public awareness for the event.
• Implement online strategies for enhancing public relations through interactive social websites to communicate directly with people. Manage the Internet marketing and communication efforts on Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, among others based on current trends.
• Update content for the floridastatefair.com website as well as manage day-to-day monitoring and updates for external social media accounts according to current Internet trends.
• Assists Marketing Director with the Management of public relations (PR) efforts for the annual state fair and develop/implement a year-long strategic plan for public relations to support all internal departments.
• Compose and distribute press releases, handle media inquiries and requests for interviews.
• Develop opportunities for media coverage with English and Hispanic outlets. Coordinate in-studio interviews and live TV and radio remotes to promote the Florida State Fair.
• Track media coverage (news stories) for the Florida State Fair and non-fair events.
• Coordinate and supervise the design of marketing and multi-media materials, coordinate development of advertisements with graphic designer, manage advertising deadlines.
• Assist with creating graphic designs as necessary for the website and electronic entrance signs.
• Manage communications with the diversity committee members to develop initiatives for the Hispanic and African American audience sector.
• Develop & maintain a media personnel contact list.
• Obtain price quotes from vendors and analyze them for the best price available before order placement. Review and approve proofs from vendor to ensure production quality of printed materials.
• Assist the Marketing Director with forecasting expenses to create a new budget for the fiscal year.
• Handle purchase requisitions, monitor and track expenses to maintain within the department’s fiscal budget.
• Establish and maintain positive relations with key media, board members, community organizations and leaders, and the general public.
• Promote team morale and foster open communication, innovation, and job growth within the department.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Sabrina Permuth, Director of Human Resources
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 11766, Tampa, Florida 33680
Phone: 813-621-7821 ext. 4210